This quest is quite expensive at over 50,000 coins. It rewards a one handed Valyrian Steel sword.
- Speak with Cetherys in the back room of the Qohor tavern.
- Leave the tavern and visit Elos Mott's shop. (Its at the bottom of the town menu, before "leave")
- Speak with Elos Mott
- Visit the Citadel in Oldtown.
- In the Alchemest's Bend, speak with Maester Ryon.
- The Maester will give you a scroll with four names; Sharako Isalios(Lys), Galeo Terys(Lorath),Triach Nyessos Vhassar(Volantis) and Horonno Paenymion(Volantis). Note that these are the factions at the start of the game and will change later on.
- It can be a little tricky finding each person, you can ask a lord of the same faction where they are.
- Speak with Sharako, he will sell you a Valyrian Dagger for 10,000 coins.
- Speak with Horonno, he will give you a dagger in exchange for a bottle of Tyroshi Pear Brandy, sold in Tyrosh for a 200 coins.
- Speak with Nyessos, he will sell you a dagger for 15,000 coins.
- Speak with Galeo, he will sell you a dagger for 5,000 coins.
- Return to Elos Mott with your four Valyrian Steel Daggers. Choose which blade you want (See below for stats).
- Leave and re-enter the shop and pay Elos 20,000 coins.
[As of 3.0 all swords have 87 reach, 41c and 41p; same as any other one-handed Valyrian sword.]
One of Elos Mott's Valyrian Steel Swords.
- Curved Crossguard (81 reach)
- Stabbing Blade (83 reach)
- Short arming sword (82 reach)
Each of the weapons has the exact same stats, with the exception of reach.
Bonus against shields.
The appearances of the swords are fairly similar, with the stabbing blade bearing no cross-guard, and the other two with small guards.
As of the latest patch (2.1 patch 1) all valyrian steel swords have the same stats.